Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad's Day Feast

It's Father's day and a chance to try out the new grill. A quick trip to the store yields New Yorks on sale, so now for the accompaniment.

I used to do rosemary crusted steaks, but on a trip to Boston some years ago, I was introduced to Chimichurri, the wonderful Argentinian parsley relish. Why not combine the two? Of course google shows its all been done before, here's my version.

Rosemary Chimichurri

1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary
3 cloves Minced Garlic
1/2 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 bunch Italian Parsley cull the stems
*kosher salt to taste, although I prefer to salt the meat directly

Combine first 4 ingredients in a saute pan and simmer on low for 10 minutes, then let cool. Stir in the vinegar.
In a food processor, coarse chop the parsley then drizzle the oil mixture in, while pulsing to achieve a relish like consistency.


Serve the chimichurri at room temperature with salted and peppered steaks.


love and bacon,
pops

2 comments:

  1. The finished plate looks soooo good! Wish I'd been there :D We've tried the chimichurri as well and it is such a fresh, unique flavor. I think it might work with just about any meat. Very nice post (love the pics =D)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made chimichurri to top slow cooker carnitas a few times. However i have yet to try it on steaks. Meal looks delicious, I am inspired to break my little grill back out.

    ReplyDelete